Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 2, 1974
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Vulpe, Alexandru, "The Cultural Unity of the North-Thracian Tribes in the Balkano-Carpathian-Hallstatt," p. 1.
- Ogibenin, B. L., "Baltic Evidence and the Indo-Iranian Prayer," p. 23.
- Lüth, Dietrich, "Further Evidence of Early Norse Settlements in the Americas," p. 47.
- Brown, Norman, "Prelude to the Indra-Vrtra Battle (Rig-Veda 10.124)," p. 57.
- Bodeüs, Richard, "An Iranian Profile of Democritus?" p. 63.
- Arbeitman, Brad J., "Why Two Preverbs (and Only These Two) Became Inseparable in Hittie," p. 70.
- Baldi, Philip, "Indo-European *sekw-," p. 77.
- Hamp, Eric P., "'Ivy' in Italic and Celtic*," p. 87.
- Parga, Salvador Costa, "Discussion Concerning Eric Hamp's Article on 'Frost' in Volume 1, Number 2," p. 94.
- Hamp, Eric P., "Reply by Eric P. Hamp," p. 95.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Notes on the Germano-Baltic Lexical Correspondences: A Critique on Chemodanov's Isoglosses," p. 101.
- Winn, M. M., "Thoughts on the Question of Indo-European Movements in Anatolia," p. 117.
- Maher, John Peter, "The Etymology of Common Slavic *Slovene 'Slavs'," p. 143.
- Gadre, Pramod B., "The Symbols: Triratna and Nandipada," p. 157.
- Lee, Thomas E., "Norsemen in Ungava, Québec, Canada," p. 187.
- Malinowski, Tadeusz, "The Question of a Northern Proto-Illyrian Borderland," p. 213.
- Miller, D. Gary, "On the History of Infinitive Complementation in Latin and Greek," p. 223.
- Campanile, Enrico, "I.E. Metaphors and Non-I.E. Metaphors," p. 247.
- Bush, Archie C. & Joseph J. McHugh, "Succession to the Throne of Rome Through 192 A.D." p. 259.
- Schmitt, Rüdiger, "Proto-Indo-European Culture and Archaeology: Some Critical Remarks," p. 279.
- Gimbutas, Marija, "An Archaeologist's View of PIE* in 1975," p. 289.
- Condax, Iovanna & David Sansone, "A Methodological Assessment of William Diver's 'System of Relevance of the Homeric Verb'," p. 309.
- Friedrich, Paul, "A Brief Comment on Condax-Sansone (ConSan)," p. 325.
- Zanotti, David G. & Barbara A. Rhine, "The Catacomb Variant of South Russia and its Extensions within the Mediterranean," p. 333.
- Birnbaum, Henrik, "Pre-Greek Indo-Europeans in the Southern Balkans and Aegean," p. 361.
- Peterson, R., "The Greek Face," p. 385.
- Miehle, Helen Louise, "Relative Constructions in the Rig-Veda, Book Five," p. 407.
- Poetto, Massimo, "Hittite sarap- and Connected Questions," p. 435.