Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 20, 1992
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Thomas, Homer L., "The Indo-European Problem: Complexities of the Archaeological Evidence," p. 1.
- Jones, Alex I., "Language and Archaeology: Evaluating Competing Explanations of the Origins of the Indo-European Languages," p. 31.
- Stevens, Christopher M., "The Use and Abuse of Typology in Comparative Linguistics: An Update on the Controversy," p. 45.
- Rezepkin, A. D., "Paintings from a Tomb of the Majkop Culture," p. 59.
- Della Volpe, Angela, "On Indo-European Ceremonial and Socio-Political Elements Underlying the Origin of Formal Boundaries," p. 71.
- Shnirelman, Victor A., "The Emergence of a Food-Producing Economy in the Steppe and Forest-Steppe Zones of Eastern Europe," p. 123.
- Schmidt, Karl Horst, "Celtic Movements in the First Millennium B.C." p. 145.
- Makkay, J., "A Neolithic Model of Indo-European Prehistory," p. 193.
- Cook, Erwin, "Ferrymen of Elysium and the Homeric Phaeacians," p. 239.
- Salmons, Joseph C., "Diachronic Typology and Tone-to-Stress Shift," p. 269.
- Vaux, Bert, "Gemination and Syllabic Integrity in Sanskrit," p. 283.
- Floyd, Edwin D., "Bacchylides 18.31 and Indo-European Poetics," p. 305.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "The Greek Nouns in -ω," p. 317.
- Klein, Jared S., "On the Independence of Gothic Syntax, I: Interrogativity, Complex Sentence Types, Tense, Mood, and Diathesis," p. 339.