Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 22, 1994
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Colarusso, John, "Proto-Northwest-Caucasian (or How to Crack a Very Hard Nut)," p. 1.
- Moonwomon, Birch, "Color Categorization in Early Greek," p. 37.
- Sen, Subhadra Kumar, "Proto-Indo-European: A Multiangular View," p. 67.
- Kortlandt, Frederick, "From Proto-Indo-European to Slavic," p. 91.
- Viechnicki, Peter, "'Ameíbo: An Interdisciplinary Approach," p. 113.
- Matasovich, Ranko, "Proto-Indo-European *b and the Glottalic Theory," p. 133.
- Epstein, Angelique Gulermovich, "Miscarriages and Miraculous Births in Indo-European Tradition," p. 151.
- Rosén, Hannah B., "Lat. Saceena, Heb. Shakkin and the Mediterranean Substrate," p. 165.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "Comments about IE *oi- '1'," p. 177.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Reviews," p. 187.
- Gheorghiu, Dragos, "Horse Head Sceptres - First Images of Yoked Horses," p. 221.
- Puhvel, Jaan, "Anatolian: Autochthon or Interloper?" p. 251.
- Haarmann, Harald, "Contact Linguistics, Archaeology and Ethnogenetics: An Interdisciplinary Approach to the Indo-European Homeland Problem," p. 265.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Isoglosses and the Reconstruction of the IE Dialectal Split," p. 289.
- Miller, Dean A., "Defining and Expanding the Indo-European Vater-Sohnes-Kampf Theme," p. 307.
- Râdulescu, Mircea-Mihai, "The Indo-European Position of Messapic," p. 329.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "The Gothic ti-abstracts and the PIE Arbitrary Feminines," p. 345.
- Arans, Olga R. & Christine R. Shea, "The Fall of Elpenor: Homeric Kirkee and the Folklore of the Caucasus," p. 371.
- Suzuki, Seiichi, "Accounting for Attic Reduplication: A Synthesis," p. 399.
- Strunk, Klaus, "Relative Chronology and Indo-European Verb-System: The Case of Present- and Aorist-Stems," p. 417.
- Hamp, Eric P., "Belated Comments on Pulleyblank's 'The Typology of Indo-European,' JIES 21:1-2," p. 435.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Reviews," p. 439.