Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 23, 1995
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Manzura, I., E. Savva, & L. Bogataya, "East-West Interactions in the Eneolithic and Bronze Age Cultures of the North-West Pontic Region," p. 1.
- Woudhuizen, Fred C., "The Late Hittite Empire in Light of Recently Discovered Luwian Hieroglyphic Texts," p. 53.
- York, Michael, "The Divine Twins in the Celtic Pantheon," p. 83.
- Ancillotti, Augusto, "Deep Connections between Indo-European Languages," p. 113.
- Huld, Martin E., "Grassmann's Law in Messapic," p. 147.
- Kazansky, Nikolai N., "Indo-European Onomastics as an Historical Source," p. 157.
- Golab, Zbigniew, "Slavic chelovek' 'homo' against the Background of Proto-Slavic Terminology," p. 179.
- Manaster Ramer, Alexis, "On 'Some Thoughts on Indo-European-Kartvelian Relations'," p. 195.
- Rodríguez, Martín Sevilla, "Pán=Puusa Reexamined," p. 209.
- Bammesberger, Alfred, "Latin quattuor and Its Prehistory," p. 213.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Chronicle," p. 223.
- Prescott, Christopher & Eva Walderhaug, "The Last Frontier? Processes of Indo-Europeanization in Northern Europe: The Norwegian Case," p. 257.
- Mair, Victor H., "Prehistoric Caucasoid Corpses of the Tarim Basin," p. 281.
- Barber, Paul T., "Mummification in the Tarim Basin," p. 309.
- Good, Irene, "Notes on a Bronze Age Textile Fragment from Hami, Xinjiang with Comments on the Significance of Twill," p. 319.
- Barber, Elizabeth J. Wayland, "A Weaver's-eye View of the Second Millennium Tarim Basin Finds," p. 347.
- Wenkan, Xu, "The Discovery of the Xinjiang Mummies and Studies of the Origins of the Tocharians," p. 357.
- Mallory, James P., "Speculations on the Xinjiang Mummies," p. 371.
- Francalacci, Paolo, "DNA Analysis of Ancient Desiccated Corpses from Xinjiang," p. 385.
- Adams, Douglas Q., "Mummies," p. 399.
- Pulleyblank, Edwin G., "Why Tocharians?" p. 415.
- Opie, James, "Xinjiang Remains and the 'Tocharian Problem'," p. 431.
- Ringe, Donald, "Tocharians in Xinjiang: The Linguistic Evidence," p. 439.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Chronicle," p. 445.