Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 24, 1996
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Shepel, E. A., "Populations in the Northern Donets Basin from the 3rd to 2nd Millennia B.C." p. 1.
- Woodhouse, Robert, "The Origin and Relative Chronology of Winter's Law," p. 27.
- Justus, Carol F., "Numeracy and the Upper German Decades," p. 45.
- Burton, Philip, "Using the Gothic Bible: Notes on Jared S. Klein 'On the Independence of Gothic Syntax'," p. 81.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Beer, Runes and Magic," p. 99.
- Knobloch, Von Johann, "Lat. conspiraare und seine Bedeutung in verschiedenen sozialen Sondersprachen," p. 107.
- Bonfante, Giuliano, "The Etymology of híppos," p. 111.
- Bonfante, Giuliano, "Homeric Text is Mycenean," p. 115.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Chronicle," p. 117.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Short Bibliographic Notices," p. 169.
- Schwink, Frederick W., "Book Review," p. 249.
- Pearson, Roger, "Comprehensive Listing of Available Monographs," p. 253.
- Sick, David H., "Cattle-Theft and the Birth of Mithras: Another Look at Cumont's Vedic Parallel," p. 257.
- Louden, Bruce, "Epeios, Odysseus, and the Indo-European Metaphor for Poet," p. 277.
- Jackson, Peter, "The Codes of Inheritance: Some Remarks on an Indo-European Palmiset," p. 305.
- Holland, Gary B., "Relativization and Word Order in Old Irish and Vedic Sanskrit," p. 323.
- Râdulescu, Mircea-Mihai, "Fairies, Flowers and Magic Daco-Romanian zîna and Its Indo-European Cognates," p. 333.
- Manaster Ramer, Alexis, "Armenian -k` < PIE *-(e)s," p. 361.
- Bammesberger, Alfred, "On Fresh Fish in Some (Indo-)European Languages," p. 399.
- Horowitz, Michael G., "The Scientific Dialectic of Ancient Greece and the Cultural Tradition of Indo-European Speakers," p. 409.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Chronicle," p. 421.