Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 26, 1998
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Duhoux, Yves, "Pre-Hellenic Language(s) of Crete," p. 1.
- Miller, Dean A., "On the Mythology of Indo-European Heroic Hair," p. 41.
- Freeman, Philip M., "Saturnian Verse and Early Latin Poetics," p. 61.
- Bauer, Brigitte L. M., "Impersonal Verbs in Italic: Their Development from an Indo-European Perspective," p. 91.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "On the Indo-European Reflexive," p. 121.
- Levitt, Stephan Hillyer, "Is There a Genetic Relationship between Indo-European and Dravidian?" p. 131.
- Puhvel, Jaan, "Computing in Latin and Hittite," p. 161.
- Zimmer, Stefan, "Modern Necromancy, or How to Make Mummies Speak," p. 163.
- Mair, Victor H., "Comments on Stefan Zimmer, 'Modern Necromancy, or How to Make Mummies Speak'," p. 181.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Germanic Etymological Dictionary," p. 191.
- Mallory, James P., "Book Reviews," p. 199.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Chronicle," p. 205.
- Tuite, Kevin, "Achilles and the Caucasus," p. 289.
- Vennemann, Theo, "Etymology and Phonotactics: Latin grandisvs. Basquehandi 'big' and Similar Problems," p. 345.
- Haarmann, Harald, "On the Problem of Primary and Secondary Diffusion of Indo-Europeans and Their Languages," p. 391.
- Schrijver, Peter, "The British Word for 'Fox' and Its Indo-European Origin," p. 421.
- Brekke, Torkel, "Note on a Possible Reference to Ikaros in the Vinaya of the Muulasarvaastivaadins," p. 435.
- Ahyan, Stépan, "Indo-European Mythical Theme of the Final Battle in the 'History of the Armenians' by Movses Khorenatsi," p. 447.
- Beekes, Robert S. P., "The Origin of Lat. aqua, and of *teuta 'people'," p. 459.
- Woodhouse, Robert, "Bonfante's Illyrian Horse," p. 467.
- Woodhouse, Robert, "Grassmann's Law before Consonant Shift in Messapic and 'Pelasgian'," p. 469.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Re-Reading Dumézil's 'Mythes et Dieux Des Germains'," p. 475.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Chronicle," p. 480.