Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 27, 1999
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Lehmann, Winfred P., "The Structural Approach of Jakob Grimm and His Contemporaries," p. 1.
- Owens, Gareth, "The Structure of the Minoan Language," p. 15.
- Louden, Bruce, "Bacchylides 17: Theseus and Indo-Iranian Apâm Napât," p. 57.
- Griffith, R. Drew, "Elysium Revisited," p. 79.
- Boutkan, D. & M. G. Kossman, "Some Berber Parallels of European Substratum Words," p. 87.
- Sen, Subhadra Kumar, "Word Ordering in the Astadhyayi," p. 101.
- Zimmer, Stefan, "Comments on a great book: Encyclopedia of Indo-European Culture, ed. by J.P. Mallory and D.Q. Adams," p. 105.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Chronicle," p. 165.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "About Dumézil: Apropos of a special number of the Zeitschrift für Religionswissenschaft," p. 248.
- Renfrew, Colin, "Time Depth, Convergence Theory, and Innovation in Proto-Indo-European: 'Old Europe' as a PIE Linguistic Area," p. 257.
- Sarianidi, V., "Near Eastern Aryans in Central Asia," p. 295.
- Estell, Michael, "Orpheus and Rbhu Revisited," p. 327.
- Lynn, Chris J. & Dean Miller, "Three Carved Stone Vases from the Minoan Villa at Aghia Triada, Crete: a Trifunctional Set?" p. 335.
- Collinge, N. E., "The Laws of Indo-European: The State of the Art (1998)," p. 355.
- Anderson, Earl R., "Horse-Sacrifice and Kingship in the Secret History of the Mongols and Indo-European Cultures," p. 379.
- Greppin, John A. C., "Gk.------: A Fragment Plant and its Eastern Origin," p. 395.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "On the Indo-European 'Bare Stem' Acc. Personal Pronoun," p. 409.
- Vanséveren, Sylvie, "The Meaning of Hittite sakuriya- in the Annals of Hattusilis I," p. 419.
- Litzén, Magnus, "VIRGILIANVM ALPHABETH: A Linear B Remincens in the Learned Tradition," p. 427.
- Sergent, Bernard, "Report on the 2nd Colloqium of Anthropology and Comparative Religion of the Indo-European World," p. 431.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Book Chronicle," p. 433.
- Justus, Carol F., "Book Notices," p. 525.