Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 28, 2000
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Pearson, Roger, "In Memorium, Edgar Polomé," p. 1.
- Allen, Nick J., "Argos and Hanuman: Odyseus' dog in the light of the Mahabharata," p. 3.
- Pierce, Marc, "Constraints on Syllable Structure in Early Germanic," p. 17.
- Markey, Thomas L., "'Of Good mochel, and ryght yong therto' Geoffrey Chaucer, The Book of the Duchesse (li. 454)," p. 31.
- Krasukhin, Konstantin G., "The Indo-European Root *dheugh-: Its Morphology, Meaning, Etymology (in Comparison with Similar Forms)," p. 37.
- Katona, A. L., "Proto-Greeks and the Kurgan Theory," p. 65.
- Coleman, John E., "An Archeological Scenario for the 'Coming of the Greeks' ca. 3200 B.C." p. 101.
- Fleming, Harold C., "Glottalization in Eastern Armenia," p. 155.
- Nikolova, Lolita, "The Balkan Proto-Indo-Europeans in the Fourth and Third Millenium B.C." p. 197.
- Miller, Dean A., "Other Kinds of Hero: The Coward Knight and Intelligence Embattled," p. 221.
- Owens, Gareth, "Pre-Hellenic Language(s) of Crete: Debate and Discussion," p. 237.
- Dergachev, V., "The Migration Theory of Marija Gimbutas," p. 257.
- Carruba, Onofrio, "Indo-European *sem/sm- in the Pronouns: 'singulative Plurals'," p. 341.
- Bray, Daniel, "The End of Mythology: Hesiod's Theogony and the Indo-European Myth of the Final Battle," p. 359.
- Ahyan, Stépan, "A New Mythical Theme in the Saga of Hervör and King Heidrekr and the Armenian 'Epic of Sasoon'," p. 373.
- Schmalstieg, William R., "Lithuanian and Indo-European Parallels," p. 385.
- Meulder, Marcel A.J., "Antenor and Vibhishana," p. 399.
- Levitt, Stephan Hillyer, "Some More Possible Relationships between Indo-European and Dravidian," p. 407.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Publications: Books, Articles, Essays & Reviews: 1943-2000," p. 457.
- Kockar, Rajesh, The Vedic People: Their History and Geography. Reviewed by Mallory, James P., p. 439.
- Makkay, János, The Early Mycenaean Rulers and the Contemporary Early Iranians of the Northeast. Reviewed by Mallory, James P., p. 439.
- Yakar, Jak, Ethnoarchaeology of Anatolia: Rural Socio-Economy in the Bronze and Iron Ages. Reviewed by Mallory, James P., p. 439.
- Raulwing, Peter, Horses, Chariots and Indo-Europeans: Foundations and Methods of Chariotry Research from the Viewpoint of Comparative Indo-European Linguistcs. Reviewed by Jones-Bley, Karlene, p. 440.
- Blazhek, Václav, Numerals: Comparative-Etymological Analyses of Numeral Systems and their Implications (1999). Reviewed by Bubenik, Vit, p. 450.
- Janshková, Ilona & Helena Karlíková, Studia Etymologica Brunensia I. Reviewed by Bubenik, Vit, p. 455.