Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 29, 2001
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Kuz'mina, E. E., "The First Migration Wave of Indo-Iranians to the South," p. 1.
- Driessen, C. Michiel, "On the Etymology of Lat. urbs," p. 41.
- Markey, Thomas L., "A Tale of Two Helmets: The Negau A and B Inscriptions," p. 69.
- Miller, Dean A., "Trifunctionalia Redivivia: A Note on Some Greek Possibilities," p. 173.
- Kazanas, Nicholas, "Indo-European Deities and the Rigveda," p. 257.
- Thomson, Karen, "The Meaning and Language of the Rigveda: Rigvedic graávan as a Test Case," p. 295.
- Blazhek, Václav, "On the Baltic Theonyms: Baltic-Italic Correspondences in Divine-Names," p. 351.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "Nostratic Theory and 'New Image' Morphology: A Study in the Compatibility of Reconstructions," p. 367.
- Zimmer, Stefan, "Indo-Celtic Connections: Ethic, Magic, and Linguistic," p. 379.
- Koshko, Aleksander, ed., The Western Border Area of the Tripolye Culture, 2000. Reviewed by Mallory, James P., p. 185.
- Renfrew, Colin & Katie Boyle, Archaeogenetics: DNA and the Population Prehistory of Europe, 2000. Reviewed by Mallory, James P., p. 185.
- Szmyt, Marzena, Between West and East: People of the Globular Amphora Culture in Eastern Europe: 2950-2350 BC. Reviewed by Mallory, James P., p. 185.
- Orel, Vladimir, The Language of Phrygians. Reviewed by Justus, Carol F., p. 194.
- Otten, Heinrich & Christel Rüster, Keilschrifttexte aus Boghazköi, 41. Reviewed by Justus, Carol F., p. 194.
- Ramat, Anna Giacalone & Paolo Ramat, The Indo-European Languages. Reviewed by Justus, Carol F., p. 194.
- Lloyd, Albert L., Rosemarie Lühr, & Otto Springer, with Karen K. Purdy, Etymologisches Wörterbuch des Althochdeutschen, II, bi - ezzo. Reviewed by Salmons, Joseph, p. 224.
- Falileyev, Alexander, Etymological Glossary of Old Welsh. Reviewed by Zimmer, Stefan, p. 227.
- Farge, Beatrice La, 'Leben' und 'Seele' in den altgermanischen Sprachen. Reviewed by Schwink, F. W., p. 229.
- Renfrew, Colin, April McMahon, & Larry Trask, Time Depth in Historical Linguistics. Reviewed by Mallory, James P., p. 230.
- Tichy, Eva, Indogermanistisches Grundwissen für Studierende sprachwissenschaftlicher Disziplinen. Reviewed by Zimmer, Stefan, p. 242.
- Wasserstrom, Steven M., Religion after Religion. Gerschom Scholem, Mircea Eliade, & Henry Corbin at Eranos. Reviewed by Dubuisson, Daniel, p. 244.
- Hellstrøm, P. & B. Alroth, eds., Religion and Power in the Ancient Greek World. Reviewed by Miller, Dean, p. 245.
- Bremmer, Jan N., Götter, Mythen und Heiligtümer in Antiken Griechenland. Reviewed by Strutynski, Udo, p. 248.
- Ross, Margaret Clunies, ed., Old Icelandic Literature and Society. Reviewed by Wilson, Mary Lynn, p. 248.
- Gager, John G., Curse Tablets and Binding Spells from the Ancient World. Reviewed by Konstan, David, p. 250.
- Wimbush, Vincent L., ed., Ascetic Behavior in Greco-Roman Antiquity: A Sourcebook. Reviewed by Hernandez, Pura Nieto, p. 251.
- Fedorov-Davydov, German A., The Silk Road and the Cities of the Golden Horde. Reviewed by Jones-Bley, Karlene, p. 407.
- Mallory, James P. & Victor H. Mair, The Tarim Basin Mummies: Ancient China and the Mystery of the Earliest Peoples from the West. Reviewed by Jones-Bley, Karlene, p. 407.
- Steuernagel, Dirk, Menschenopfer und Mord am Altar: Griechische Mythen in etruskischen Gräbern. Reviewed by Rundin, John, p. 417.
- Bauer, Brigitte, Archaic Syntax in Indo-European: The Spread of Transitivity in Latin and French. Reviewed by Orr, Robert, p. 420.
- Dahl, Östen, ed., Tense and Aspect in the Languages of Europe. Reviewed by Drinka, Bridget, p. 435.
- Giannakis, Giorgios K., Studies in the Syntax and Semantics of the Reduplicated Presents of Homeric Greek and Indo-European. Reviewed by Drinka, Bridget, p. 435.
- Jahr, Ernst Hakon, ed., Language Change: Advances in Historical Sociolinguistics. Reviewed by Drinka, Bridget, p. 435.
- Orr, Robert, Common Slavic Nominal Morphology: a New Synthesis. Reviewed by Danylenko, Andrii, p. 455.
- Courtney, Edward, Archaic Latin Prose. Reviewed by Zimmer, Stefan, p. 468.
- Delamarre, Xavier, Dictionnaire de la langue gauloise. Reviewed by Zimmer, Stefan, p. 468.
- Green, Anthony, Old Irish Verbs and Vocabulary. Reviewed by Zimmer, Stefan, p. 468.
- Jufer, Nicole & Thierry Luginbühl, Répertoire des dieux gaulois. Les noms des divinités celtiques conn&s par l'épigraphie, les textes antique et la toponymie. Reviewed by Zimmer, Stefan, p. 468.
- Martínez, Javier & Michiel de Vaan, Introducción al avestico. Reviewed by Yakubovich, Ilya, p. 476.
- Steblin-Kamenskij, Ivan M., Etimologicheskij slovar' vakhanskogo jazyka (Wakhi Etymological Dictionary). Reviewed by Yakubovich, Ilya, p. 476.
- Williams, Nicolas Simms, Bactrian Documents from Northern Afghanistan. I: Legal and Economic Documents. Reviewed by Yakubovich, Ilya, p. 476.
- Adams, Douglas Q., A Dictionary of Tocharian B. Reviewed by Georg, Stefan, p. 490.
- Ji, Xianlin (with collaboration of W. Winter & Georges-Jean Pinault), Fragments of the Tocharian A Maitreyasamiti-Naataka of the Xinjiang Museum. Reviewed by Georg, Stefan, p. 490.
- Steinbauer, Dieter H., Neues Handbuch des Etruskischen. Reviewed by Woudhuizen, Fred C., p. 499.
- Blaive, Frédéric, Impius Bellator. Le Mythe Indo-Européen du Guerrier Impie. Reviewed by Miller, Dean, p. 508.
- hÓgáin, Dáithi Ó, The Sacred Isle: Belief and Religion in Pre-Christian Ireland. Reviewed by Lynn, Chris J., p. 511.