Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 34, 2006
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Miller, Dean A., "Where Do We Stand?" p. 3.
- Bek-Pedersen, Karen, "Oppositions and Cooperations in the Baldr Myth, with Irish and Welsh Parallels," p. 5.
- Colarusso, John, "The Functions Revisited, a Nart God of War and Three Nart Heroes," p. 27.
- Leavitt, John, "Dumézil without the Functions: Some Roads Less Travelled," p. 55.
- Littleton, C. Scott, "Cultural Hybridization and the Indo-European Expansion: The Tripartite / Quadripartite Ideology as a Manifestation of Mestizaje," p. 79.
- Lyle, Emily, "The Importance of the Prehistory of Indo-European Structures for Indo-European Studies," p. 99.
- Lynn, Chris J., "Suggested Archaeological and Architectural Examples of Tripartite Structures," p. 111.
- Putelis, Aldis, "Tripartition and the Pantheon: A Latvian Perspective," p. 143.
- Shaw, John, "Indo-European Dragon-Slayers and Healers, and the Irish Account of Dian Cécht and Méiche," p. 153.
- Garbutt, Kathleen, "An Indo-European Night Raid?" p. 183.
- de la Puente, Inés García, "The Liberation of Kiev sub anno 968," p. 201.
- Mair, Victor H., "The Rediscovery and Complete Excavation of Ördek's Necropolis," p. 273.
- Katz, Joshua T., "The 'Urbi et Orbi-Rule' Revisited," p. 319.
- Sayers, William, "Rollant ferit en une perre bise: Of Stones, Bread, and Birches," p. 363.
- Adams, Douglas Q., "Some Implications of the Carbon-14 Dating of Tocharian Manuscripts," p. 381.
- Adams, Douglas Q., "Etymological Connections of the Tocharian Word for 'Village' and the Germanic Word for 'House'," p. 390.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "The Cognates of the Vedic ii-stems," p. 401.
- Millar, Angel, "The Old English Rune Poem - Semantics, Structure, and Symmetry," p. 419.
- Pagliarulo, Giuseppe, "On the Alleged Functions of Word-order in Wulfilian Gothic," p. 437.
- Kristiansen, Kristian & Thomas B. Larsson, The Rise of Bronze Age Society: Travels, Transmissions, and Transformations (2005). Reviewed by Jones-Bley, Karlene, p. 213.
- Penney, J. H. W., ed., Indo-European Perspectives: Studies in Honor of Anna Morpurgo Davies (2004). Reviewed by Beckwith, Miles C., p. 221.
- Katz, Hartmut, Studien zu den älteren indoiranischen Lehnwörtern in den uralischen Sprachen (2003). Reviewed by Anttila, Raimo, p. 231.
- Cravens, Thomas D., ed., Variation and Reconstruction (2005). Reviewed by Drinka, Bridget, p. 236.
- Jones-Bley, Karlene, Martin E. Huld, Angela Della Volpe, & Miriam Robbins Dexter, eds., Proceedings of the Sixteenth Annual UCLA Indo-European Conference, Los Angeles, November 5-6, 2004. Reviewed by Drinka, Bridget, p. 236.
- Bryant, Edward F. & Laurie L. Patton, eds., The Indo-Aryan Controversy: Evidence and Inference in Indian History (2005). Reviewed by Jamison, Stephanie W., p. 255.
- Zimmer, Stefan, ed., Die Kelten - Mythos und Wirklichkeit (2004). Reviewed by Witt, Constanze, p. 261.
- Dalby, Andrew, Food in the Ancient World from A to Z (2003). Reviewed by Daydi-Tolson, Santiago, p. 267.
- Widmer, Paul, Das Korn des weiten Feldes. Interne Derivation, Derivationskette und Flexionsklassenhierarchie: Aspekte der nominalen Wortbildung im Urindogermanischen (2004). Reviewed by Müller, Stefan, p. 451.
- Janyšková, Ilona & Helena Karlíková, eds., Studia etymologica Brunensia 2 (2003). Reviewed by Bubenik, Vit, p. 457.