Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 37, 2009
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Thomson, Karen, "A Still Undeciphered Text: How the scientific approach to the Rigveda would open up Indo-European Studies," p. 1.
- Mumm, Peter-Arnold, "Comment on 'A still undeciphered text'," p. 49.
- Zimmer, Stefan, "HIC RHODUS! A brief comment on Karen Thomson, A still undeciphered text: how the scientific approach to the Rigveda would open up Indo-European Studies," p. 53.
- Parpola, Asko, "Interpreting the Rigveda: Comments on Karen Thomson's approach," p. 55.
- Thomson, Karen, "A Still Undeciphered Text, continued: the reply to my critics," p. 59.
- Al-Maini, Douglas, "The Political Cosmology of the Homeric Hymn to Demeter," p. 89.
- Hicks, Ronald, "Cosmography in Tochmarc Étaíne," p. 115.
- Huld, Martin E., "Proto-Indo-Europeans and the Squirrel, Sciurus vulgaris," p. 130.
- Kulikov, Leonid, "Vedic piśá- and Atharvaveda-Śaunakiya 19.49.4 = Atharvaveda-PaippalĀda 14.8.4: A note on the Indo-Iranian bestiary," p. 141.
- Petrosyan, Armen Y., "Forefather Hayk in the Light of Comparative Mythology," p. 155.
- Álvarez-Pedrosa, Juan Antonio, "Krakow's Foundation Myth: An Indo-European theme through the eyes of medieval erudition," p. 164.
- Zimmer, Stefan, "'Sacrifice' in Proto-Indo-European," p. 178.
- Beekes, Robert S. P., "Pre-Greek Names," p. 191.
- de Vaan, Michiel, "The derivational history of Greek ιππος and ιππευς," p. 198.
- West, Emily Blanchard, "Married Hero/Single Princess: Homer's Nausicaa and the Indic CitrĀṅgadĀ," p. 214.
- Kuzmina, E. E., The Prehistory of the Silk Road (2008). Reviewed by Colarusso, John, p. 225.
- Barber, Elizabeth J. Wayland & Paul T. Barber, When They Severed Earth from Sky, How Human Mind Shapes Myth (2004). Reviewed by Colarusso, John, p. 233.
- Rydberg, Viktor; William P. Reaves, trans., Investigations into Germanic Mythology, Vol. 2. Part 1: Indo-European Mythology; Part 2: Germanic Mythology (2007, 2004). Reviewed by Allen, Nick J., p. 246.
- Benigni, Helen & Barbara Carter, The Goddess and the Bull: A Study in Minoan-Mycenaean Mythology (2007). Reviewed by Powell, Barry B., p. 249.
- Koßler, Matthias, Schopenhauer und die Philosophien Asiens. Beiträge zur Indologie 42 (2008). Reviewed by Welchman, Alistair, p. 251.
- Colvin, Stephen, A Historical Greek Reader: Mycenaean to the Koiné (2007). Reviewed by Beckwith, Miles C., p. 268.