Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 6, 1978
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Ellis, Linda, "Reinterpretations of the West Slavic Cult Site in Arkona," p. 1.
- Bökönyi, Sandor, "The Earliest Waves of Domestic Horses in East Europe," p. 17.
- Smith, R. Morton, "The Indian Sennachy," p. 77.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "The Hittite Gender of Cognates of PIE Neuters," p. 93.
- Justus, Carol F., "Syntactic Changes: Evidence for Restructuring among Coexistent Variants," p. 107.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "A Note on I.E. *toot," p. 133.
- Greppin, John A. C., "On Greek Zeta," p. 141.
- Arbeitman, Yoël, "An Addendum to 'Why Two Preverbs (and Only These Two) Became Inseparable in Hittite', JIES II.1," p. 143.
- Kraig, Bruce, "Symbolism in Burial Orientations among Early Indo-Europeans," p. 149.
- Hollifield, Patrick, "Indo-European Etymologies," p. 173.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "Some Remarks Concerning Early Indo-European Nominal Inflections," p. 185.
- Scharfe, Harmut, "Oxen with Men's Feet," p. 211.
- Maher, John Peter, "A Linguistic-Botanical Problem: The Oak and the Fir," p. 225.
- Dubuisson, Daniel, "The Apologues of Saint Comlumba and Solon or the 'Third Function' Denigrated," p. 231.
- Aranovsky, Olga R., "On the Interpretation of the 'Knowledge by Suffering' in Aeschylus 'Agamemnon' (176-183)*," p. 243.
- Greene, Jesse Laurence, "Indo-European Social Tripartism in Book I of the Cædmonian Paraphrase," p. 263.
- Spamer, James B., "The Old English Bee Charm: An Explication," p. 279.