Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 7, 1979
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Gening, V. F., "The Cemetery at Sintashta and the Early Indo-Iranian Peoples," p. 1.
- Musès, Charles, "Celtic Origins and the Arthurian Cycles: Geographic-Linguistic Evidence," p. 31.
- Poultney, James W., "The Language of the Northern Picene Inscriptions," p. 49.
- Markey, Thomas L., "Delabialization in Germanic," p. 65.
- Ureland, P. S., "Prehistoric Bilingualism and Pidginization As Forces of Linguistic Change," p. 77.
- Smith, R. Morton, "Unhumorous Puns in Ancient India," p. 105.
- Simpson, John Mack, "Sapientia Et Fortitudo: The Drama of Athalsteinn," p. 113.
- Cohen, Gerard Leonard, "Etymology of Greek Patass- (= Strike and Related Words)," p. 121.
- Windekens, A. J. Van, "Once Again on Greek Initial Zeta," p. 129.
- Teitler, Hans C., "Ausonius and His Mother's Brother," p. 133.
- Giacomelli, Roberto, "Written and Spoken Language in Latin-Faliscan and Greek-Messapic," p. 149.
- Shevoroshkin, V., "On the Hittite-Luwian Numerals," p. 177.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "More on the Early Indo-European Nominal Inflection: The Origin of the -r-/-n- Stems," p. 213.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "The Semantics of the Hittite Gender System," p. 227.
- Campanile, Enrico, "Meaning and Prehistory of Old Irish Cú Glas," p. 237.
- Dunkel, George, "Fighting Words: Alcman Partheneion 63 mákhontai," p. 249.
- Lincoln, Bruce, "The Hellhound," p. 273.
- Lacy, Alan F., "Gothic weis, airkns and the Germanic Notion of 'Holy'," p. 287.
- Miller, Roy Andrew, "Japanese, Altaic, and Indo-European," p. 307.
- Adams, Douglas Q., "Tocharian AB si-n- 'Be Oppressed, Afflicted' and A si-n- [B soy-] 'Be Satisfied'," p. 315.