Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 8, 1980
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Wilbur, H. Terence, "The Earliest Stages of the Successful Resistance to Indo-Europeanization of the Western Pyrenees," p. 3.
- Robbins, Miriam, "The Assimilation of Pre-Indo-European Goddesses into Indo-European Society," p. 19.
- Hansen, Jellison Leigh, "Death and the Indo-Europeans: Some Traditions," p. 31.
- Lincoln, Bruce, "The Ferryman of the Dead," p. 41.
- Pleslova-Stikova, Emilie, "Square Enclosures of Old Europe, 5th and 4th Millennia B.C." p. 61.
- Skomal, Nacev Susan, "The Social Organization of the Tiszapolgar Group at Basatanya - Carpathian Basin Copper Age," p. 75.
- Sochacki, Zdzislaw, "Some Remarks on the Social Structure and Economic System of the Baden Culture," p. 93.
- Ledermann, Eibuszyc Suzanna, "Zlota Culture: A Study of a Social System through Analysis of Mortuary Data," p. 107.
- O'Brien, Steven, "Social Organization in Western Indo-European," p. 123.
- Replogle, Alexander Bruce, "Social Dimensions of British and German Bell-Beaker Burials: An Exploratory Study," p. 165.
- Xirotiris, I. Nikolaos, "The Indo-Europeans in Greece: Anthropological Approach to the Population of Bronze Age Greece," p. 201.
- Ellis, Linda, "Analysis of Cucuteni-Tripolye and Kurgan Pottery and the Implications for Ceramic Technology," p. 211.
- Szathmary, Laszlo, "Autochthonous and Immigrated Components in the Carpathian Basin Copper Age," p. 231.
- Kalicz, Nandor, "The Balaton-Lasinja Culture Groups in Western Hungary, Austria, and Northwestern Yugoslavia Concerning Their Distribution and Origin," p. 245.
- Gimbutas, Marija, "The Kurgan Wave #2 (c. 3400-3200 B.C.) into Europe and the Following Transformation of Culture," p. 273.
- Chernykh, E. N., "Metallurgical Provinces of the 5th-2nd Millennia in Eastern Europe in Relation to the Process of Indo-Europeanization," p. 317.
- Necrasov, Olga, "Physical Anthropological Characteristics of Skeletons from the Kurgan Graves in Romania," p. 337.
- Schwidetzky, Ilse, "The Influence of the Steppe People Based on the Physical Anthropological Data in Special Consideration to the Corded-Battle-Axe Culture," p. 345.
- Menk, Roland, "A Synopsis of the Physical Anthropology of the Corded Ware Complex on the Background of the Expansion of the Kurgan Cultures," p. 361.
- Buchvaldek, Miroslav, "Corded Pottery Complex in Central Europe," p. 393.
- Rimantiené, Rimuté, "The East Baltic Area in the Fourth and Third Millennia B.C." p. 407.