Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 9, 1981
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Dinu, Marin, "Clay Models of Wheels Discovered in Copper Age Cultures of Old Europe Mid-Fifth Millenium B.C." p. 1.
- Benac, Alojz, "Some Problems of the Western Balkans: The Beginnings of Indo-Europeanization in the Coastal Zone of Yugoslavia and Albania," p. 15.
- Gallay, Alain, "The Western Alps from 2500 to 1500 b.c. (3400-2500 B.C.) Traditions and Cultural Changes," p. 33.
- Kraig, Bruce, "Stonehenge and Indo-European Symbolism," p. 57.
- Herity, Michael, "Irish Decorated Neolithic Pottery and Its Context," p. 69.
- Yakar, Jak, "The Indo-Europeans and Their Impact on Anatolian Cultural Development," p. 94.
- Winn, M. M., "Burial Evidence and the Kurgan Culture in Eastern Anatolia c.3000 B.C.: An Interpretation," p. 113.
- Singer, Itamar, "Hittites and Hattians in Anatolia at the Beginning of the Second Millennium B.C." p. 119.
- Mellaart, James, "Anatolia and the Indo-Europeans," p. 135.
- Steiner, Gerd, "The Role of the Hittites in Ancient Anatolia," p. 150.
- Maringer, Johannes, "The Horse in Art and Ideology of Indo-European Peoples," p. 177.
- Mallory, James P., "The Ritual Treatment of the Horse in the Early Kurgan Tradition," p. 205.
- Markey, Thomas L., "Indo-European Theophoric Personal Names and Social Structure," p. 227.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "The Origin of PIE A-Stems," p. 255.
- Zanotti, David G., "The Effect of Kurgan Wave Two on the Eastern Mediterranean (3200-3000 B.C.)," p. 275.
- Oguibénine, Boris, "IE *lew(H)-in Middle Indo-Aryan and Its Baltic Cognates," p. 303.
- Rauch, Irmengard, "What is Cause?" p. 319.
- Sterckx, Claude, "The Three Irish Martyrdoms," p. 329.
- Bomhard, Allan R., "A New Look at Indo-European," p. 332.
- Hamp, Eric P., "Notes on the Old English Bee Charm," p. 338.
- Maher, John Peter, "Bed and Grave in German and Celtic: More Evidence for the Kurgan Origin of the Indo-Europeans," p. 341.
- Melchert, H. Craig, "'God-Drinking': A Syntactic Transformation in Hittite," p. 345.