Debra Umberson, Director 305 E. 23rd Street, Stop G1800 78712-1699 • 512-471-5514
Faculty in the News - 2015
- Bolnick, Deborah - 'Population Y': DNA Links Amazon Natives to Prehistoric Mystery Group
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Overtime Rules Seen Boosting Low-Wage Hiring
- Lin, Ken-Hou - Want to be attractive to online daters? Be biracial
- Lin, Ken-Hou - Multiracial Asian Americans 'Most Popular' in Online Dating: Study
- Paxton, Pamela - How Do You Elect A Woman? Give Her A Famous Husband
- Bolnick, Deborah - DNA shows 8,500-year-old Kennewick Man was Native American
- Bolnick, Deborah - DNA links Kennewick Man to Native Americans
- Calzada, Esther - Is Strict, Controlling Parenting Hurting Our Kids?
- Geruso, Michael - Insurers Gaming Medicare Might Cost Washington Billions a Year
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Obama's proposal would make millions of workers eligible for overtime pay — here's who could be affected
- Hamermesh, Daniel - The Stress Of Parenting Costs $66,000 Per Kid
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Will New Overtime Rule Create—or Cost—Jobs?
- Hamermesh, Daniel - Can you put a price tag on moms' stress from kids?
- Potter, Joseph - Texas abortion law ruling: Latinas more likely to avoid clinics and self-terminate
- Warr, Mark - Why you shouldn't be worried about the 2015 crime spike
- Kirk, David - 'Prisonized' neighborhoods make ex-cons more likely to return to the slammer
- Kirk, David - Lawmaker aims to help ex-convicts get work by changing state job applications
- Fingerman, Karen - In Cleveland, Young and Old Keep Tempo of Life
- Fingerman, Karen - Gender And Family Relationships Affect Caregiver Strain
- Umberson, Debra - One Benefit to Same-Sex Marriage That Nobody Is Talking About
- Umberson, Debra - Marriage Before College Graduation Tied to More Weight Gain
- Angel, Jacqueline - Older Mexican-Americans Often Disabled, Study Says
- Bolnick, Deborah - Bone DNA reveals humanity’s trek into South America
- Glass, Jennifer - How parents cope with America's child-care 'crisis'
- Glass, Jennifer - Women best men in STEM faculty hiring study
- Hamermesh, Daniel - When Work and Sleep Conflict, Work Wins
- Hamermesh, Daniel - $23,660-a-Year ‘Executives’ Will See a Raise From an Obama Rule
- Loving, Timothy - How being in a relationship can affect your health
- Pettit, Becky - A staggering number of American black men are now 'missing'
- Pettit, Becky - 1.5 Million Missing Black Men
- Traphagan, John - World watches how Japan manages its ageing citizens
- Angel, Jacqueline - Many along Texas border still live without clean, safe water
- Hayward, Mark - How to Stay Healthy During a Divorce
- Pedulla, David - Couples Want to Lean In Together, But They Need Employers to Change Too
- Rodriguez, Nestor - Drownings Along Rio Grande Spike After Enforcement Surge
- Umberson, Debra - You Asked: How Many Friends Do I Need?
- Warr, Mark - Police across the country are opening safe havens for transactions
- Callahan, Rebecca - Bilingualism should be priority
- Callahan, Rebecca - Students Should Retain Their Bilingual Heritage for Its Economic Value
- Cavanagh, Shannon - Family Income - Not Married Parents - More Apt to Impact Kids' Well-Being
- Fingerman, Karen - In Defense of the Digital Umbilical Cord
- Gershoff, Elizabeth - 'The Slap': Hitting someone else's child still taboo
- Gershoff, Elizabeth - Why Some School Principals In Florida Still Spank Students
- Maslowsky, Julie - Teens Aren't Getting Enough Sleep: Whose Fault Is That?
- Pedulla, David - Study: Workplace policies creating gender inequality in relationships
- Pudrovska, Tetyana - Family duties make women executives prone to depression: study