Travel and Lodging Information
TexFLEC 2014 – Travel & Lodging
TexFLEC 2014 will be held at the Julius Glickman Conference Center inside the College of Liberal Arts Building (CLA). Friday February 14th, 2014 will be a half day and Saturday February 15th will be a full day.
The Austin Bergstrom International Airport is located just southeast of the Austin downtown/university area. Taxis, Supershuttle, and the public bus system all facilitate transportation to and from the airport.
- Taxi rides between downtown/university and the airport cost about $30.
- The Capital Metro public bus system runs an airport flyer bus (No. 100). A schedule can found here.
- Supershuttle is another alternative costing about $20 (one way) to go from the airport to the general vicinity of the University of Texas or downtown.
- Austin Public Transit or the Cap Metro has bus routes that will help you get to the conference location, which is the Julius Glickman Conference Center, inside the College of Liberal Arts Building (CLA) ("Liberal Arts Building" on Google Maps). A 24-hour bus-pass costs $2.
- The UT Shuttle Systemis one of the largest university shuttle systems in the country and providing an easy and cost effective way for students, faculty, staff and visitors to access the campus.
Additional information can be found here about getting to the University of Texas.
The AT&T conference center is located on the University of Texas at Austin campus. From there it is a short walk to the conference venue. To make reservations, please call toll-free +1 (877) 744-8822 or +1 (512) 404-3600.
Consult the map and listings here for other hotels in the vicinity.
Other Events in Austin, Texas
The 2014 Austin Livestrong Marathon occurs on Sunday February 16th. Bring your running shoes and stay in Austin an extra day to run 13.1 or 26.2 miles!
The 21st annual FronteraFest will be finishing up on February 15. It’s a five-week citywide fringe theater festival. Perhaps you’d like to see a show after the conference ends.
More information: 365 Things to do in Austin, Texas.
Information from the University of Texas about “Life in Austin” and the “Top 10 Things to Do in Austin” can be found here.