Current AADS Grad Student Resources
AADS Department Information
Student Handbook 2014-2015 (updated 10/20/14)
MA Students: Master's Report Guidelines
PhD Students: Guidelines for Qualifying Exams
In the AADS Department: TAs GRAs
- Externally Funded Fellowships
- Graduate School Continuing Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral and Dissertation Fellowship
Preparing for Applications
Public Defenses and Qualifying Exams
- The Harry Ransom Center (collections in European literature, history, religion, and science)
- The Benson Latin American Collection is a specialized research library focusing on materials from and about Latin America, and on materials relating to Latinos in the United States.
- The Perry-Castaneda Library is the University's main research library. It embraces all subject fields, with the strongest holdings in the humanities, social sciences, business, and education. It is the nineth largest research library in the United States.
- The Lyndon Baines Johnson Library is one of thirteen presidential libraries administered by the National Archives and Record Administration. The Library houses forty-five million pages of historical documents which include papers from the entire public career of Lyndon Baines Johnson and also from those of close associates.
- The Briscoe Center for American History is a history research center that collects, preserves, and makes available documentary and material culture evidence encompassing key themes in Texas and U.S. history.
- The Tarlton Law Library is the fifth-largest academic law library in the U.S. and houses documents on state, U.S., foriegn, and international law.
- The Black Queer Studies Collection (BQSC) is a virtual gathering of works now accessible through key word searches in the University of Texas catalog. Created through a unique collaboration between Professor Matt Richardson and the UT Libraries, the BQSC is the first of its kind and indicates the importance of critical library interventions as scholarly tools.
Writing Services & Reading/Writing Guidelines
The Sanger Learning & Career Center's Graduate Student Writing Service is the only all-inclusive graduate writing assistance available on campus. You may bring in a paper, thesis, dissertation, grant proposal - any writing project in any discipline - and get immediate feedback for improving your work. Click here to schedule a consultation.