The department provides faculty-led study abroad programs to Nicaragua, Brazil, and San Francisco where students can engage with global Blackness.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications open after September 1st
- San Francisco - October 1, 2013
- Brazil - November 1, 2013
- Nicaragua - December 1, 2013
- Ghana - November 1, 2013
Online Application Requirements
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 (some programs require 3.0)
- Basic student information
- Signed responsibilities of participation and code of conduct
- Two essays (Why do you want to study abroad?)
- Online faculty reference questionnaire
For details and Maymester application, click here (Brazil)
For details and Summer application, click here. (Nicaragua)
UT Resources - Information on scholarships, financial aid, fundraising, planning & budgeting, and more.
Global Assist - AADS scholarships will be posted at this link.
Suggested Travel Items
Passport (Students that have applied and been accepted into a program will need a passport for international travel)
Study Abroad Contact
Leonie Jones – Administrative Associate | African & African Diaspora Studies Department | email@example.com