Graduate AdmissionsApplicants must submit documents showing that they meet the minimum requirements set by The University of Texas Graduate School, namely:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3.0 GPA or higher on all upper-division and graduate coursework
- Official GRE score (taken since October 2005)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score (International applicants only)
Application for Admission
The Department only accepts applications for the fall semester. We do NOT defer admission.
Application materials are collected online through the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC). The application deadline is December 1st. Please do not submit items other than those requested.
Submit and upload the following items using the ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Application for admission
- Three letters of recommendation
- Application fee (nonrefundable)--$65.00 for US applicants; $90.00 for International applicants
- Official GRE scores (the ETS code for UT is 6882; ETS recommends taking the GRE by the end of November in order for scores to arrive before deadline)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (International applicants only)
- Statement of Purpose
- One copy of official transcripts for all senior colleges & universities attended (unofficial transcripts only, not grade sheets)
- Writing Sample (20 pages)
- CV (optional and can be uploaded as a "miscellaneous admissions document")
If you have trouble using the online upload system, please contact Rachel directly.
Or, if you have questions for GIAC, please email them directly.