LAT 311 • Second-Year Latin I: Selected Roman Writers
|33095 to 33110||Multiple Sections||
33095, 33100, 33105, 33110 This course has two aims: to increase the students' fluency in Latin through reading and close examination of connected passages of prose and poetry and to introduce the students to Roman life and culture through the reading. Selections from Roman prose and poetry will be read. Prerequisites: LAT 507, 508, or 506Q, or the equivalent in a placement exam, with a grade of at least C. Requirements: There will be 7 scheduled quizzes. The worst will be dropped and the average of the other 6 will account for 90% of the course grade. There will be 3 'pop' quizzes. The worst will be dropped and the average of the other 2 will account for 10% of the course grade. There will be no final.
Hammond & Amory, Aeneas to Augustus, 2nd edition Cassell's Latin-English/English-Latin Dictionary, or equivalent paperback dictionary Bennett, New Latin Grammar (optional