ECO 420K-H • Microeconomic Theory-Honors
Economics 420KH introduces the methods of microeconomics and applies these methods to the study of consumers, firms, and markets. As you work through this course, you will develop your skills at problem solving and you will learn to reason about economic questions in a careful, systematic way. The emphasis in this course is on reasoning and understanding, not memorization. The skills and methods you learn will find repeated application in further economic courses and in understanding your economic environment when you enter the workplace.
Your grade for the course will be determined by your performance on four midterm exams and a class project. The midterm exams count for 75% of your grade and the class project counts for the other 25%. Your lowest midterm score will be dropped when computing your course grade. No make-up exams will be given, however, so if you miss one midterm exam because of illness or any other reason, this becomes the midterm exam that will be dropped. Students who miss more than one midterm exam will recieve zero scores for the missed exams. You must bring a #2 soft lead pencil to each of the exams.