Spring 2013 Department of Economics Commencement Ceremony
Sat, May 18, 2013 • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM • Gregory Gym
Attending Department of Economics Commencement Ceremony Information:
- Graduating students are required to wear Academic Regalia
- Order your regalia at the University Co-Op. The tassel and stole color is white.
- Arrive at the Gregory Gym at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, 2013 to be checked in for line-up
- Use the regular Gregory entrance on the ground floor of Speedway
- You will be individually recognized as you walk across the stage
- A professional photographer will take your pictures
- DO NOT bring valuable personal belongings, purses, backpacks to the ceremony
- DO NOT turn on Cell Telephones during the procession and ceremony
Family and Guests:
- No ticket is required
- Guest will be admitted for seating at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 18.
- The closest garage is the Brazos Garage (BRG), 210 E. MLK Blvd., on the northeast corner of Brazos Street and MLK Blvd. behind Jester Circle.
- Parking garages and most surface lots, with exception of spaces marked “At All Times”, are available and FREE.
Mobility Impaired Guests:
About 20 designated spaces along Speedway and on 21st Street for vehicle with a disabled permit, first come, first served
- There is a drop off loop in front of Gregory Gym on Speedway main entrance. Please note that this drop off zone is only for those with a mobility issue and need special assistance.
- Accessible seats inside Gregory are available. Staff will assist mobility impaired guest for seating.
- No wheelchairs or strollers available on that day to lend, so if a guest needs one please bring it with you.
A Reception will take place immediately following the ceremony at the Bernard & Audre Rapoport (Economics) Building. You and your guests are invited to come.
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2013
Time: 8:00 PM
Location: UT Tower
Speaker: Sanya Richards-Ross, 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist
- Graduating students are required to wear Academic Regalia.
- Graduating students are required to present a ticket for the Grand Procession.
- Free procession tickets are available at the Frank Erwin Center Red River Box Office and Texas Performing Arts Center Box Office with UT student ID. Graduate seating cannot be guaranteed without a Procession Ticket, please secure your ticket in advance.
- Guests do not need ticket.
- Graduating students will not be individually recognized at this ceremony.
Please contact Michelle Calkum (512) 475-8507 if you have questions.