Student Graders Needed- approximately $15/hr
Posted: August 19, 2013
Department of Economics – Grader Job Posting
The Department of Economics announces 6 to 8 open positions for graders for the Fall 2013 semester.
To be eligible to apply, an undergraduate must be:
- enrolled full time (12 hours)
- have completed Eco 420K
- must have earned a B+ or higher in all of their UT economics courses
- must have at least a 3.33 UT GPA
A grader will work approximately 10 hours per week during the semester. Some weeks the hours might be a bit more, and other weeks a bit less. Pay will be based on hours worked, at a rate of approximately $15 an hour. For the Fall 2013 semester, grading will be for Eco 304K sections, and the work will be supervised by the instructors and graduate teaching assistants.
To apply, a student must drop off the following by September 5th at 3:00pm to BRB 1.116 (department front desk, NOT the advising office front desk):
- An unofficial UT transcript or academic summary from the Registrar’s office with the names of your economics and mathematics instructors written in (handwritten, next to those courses)
- A brief resume with contact information (especially an email address). Be sure to write a note on your resume saying you're applying for a job as grader.
The department will make its decision within several days of the deadline, and the successful applicants will be notified by email at the start of the next week, in time for work to begin during the week of September 9th or 16th.
If you have any questions, please contact Jana Cole at email@example.com.