Applying to the Program: Making Your Case
The Graduate Program of the Department of English at The University of Texas at Austin admits students for the fall semester only.
The Fall 2013 application deadline is 11:59 PM, December 15, 2012.
The Department of English requires the submission of the following materials:
- Writing sample
- Personal Statement/Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- General GRE
- GRE Subject Test
How to submit an application:
- Complete the ApplyTexas application.
- Pay the application fee.
- You will then receive an email with an EID and temporary password.
- Using your EID and temporary password, log into the Application Status Check website and upload the required supporting materials (i.e. writing sample, personal statement, transcripts).
- All application materials under the applicant's control (i.e. personal statement and writing sample) must be uploaded by 11:59 PM on December 15 for the application to be considered for Fall 2013 admission.
- We will accept letters of recommendation, test score reports, and transcripts after the upload deadline, but it is in the applicant's interest to make sure these materials are here by the time we begin our review of the applications in early January.
- We will accept GRE Subject Test scores through January 31. Subject Test scores will not be accepted after February 1.
Due to the volume of applications, the English Office cannot confirm the receipt of individual items. Applicants are normally notified of the Program's decision by the end of February.