Applying to the Program: Making Your Case
The Graduate Program of the Department of English at The University of Texas at Austin admits students for the fall semester only.
The Fall 2014 application deadline is 11:59 PM, December 15, 2013.
The Department of English requires the following:
- Writing sample
- Personal Statement/Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- General GRE
- GRE Subject Test
- Applicants must meet all minimum requirements of the UT Austin Graduate School including:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- A 3.0 or higher GPA in upper-division coursework
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score(s), if applicable.
Please read http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/requirements.html before submitting your application.
- Applicants must read and follow the directions given in the link below regarding "How to Apply".
How to submit an application:
- Complete the ApplyTexas application.
- Pay the application fee.
- You will then receive an email with an EID and temporary password.
- Using your EID and temporary password, log into the Application Status Check website and upload the required supporting materials (i.e. writing sample, personal statement, transcripts).
- All application materials under the applicant's control (i.e. personal statement and writing sample) must be uploaded by 11:59 PM on December 15 for the application to be considered for Fall 2014 admission.
Due to the volume of applications, the English Office cannot confirm the receipt of individual items. Applicants are normally notified of the Program's decision by the end of February.