List of Tutors and Translators can be found here: Tutors and Translators.
The individuals have been screened for competency by our undergraduate advisors, but are not working for UT in the capacity of tutor or translator. It is the responsibility of the individuals involved to verify proper working credentials for foreign workers.
If you would like to be an independent tutor or translator of French or Italian please contact the respective undergraduate faculty advisors.
It is the responsibility of the tutor/translator to provide the Department of French and Italian with current contact information. At the end of each semester, tutor info will be removed. Tutors, please contact the Department of French and Italian to indicate your continued interest in being a tutor and to provide current contact information.
Tutorial assistance with French assignments and conversational practice is available on a walk-in basis for current students. The French Tutorial Center is a free service for UT students, especially those enrolled in Lower Division French courses.
The Center is currently located in HRH 4.102B, From 10 AM - 2 PM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
There are many ways to benefit from the Tutorial Center; here are a few suggestions:
- Have a purpose in mind for each visit.
- To practice pronunciation, read out loud and have the tutor correct your pronunciation;
- To practice listening comprehension, listen to the tutor with your book closed and repeat what the tutor says.
- To practice conversation, have an idea of something you'd like to talk about, and have a couple of sentences or questions prepared to start with.
- To practice grammar and vocabulary, use activities from the text (review or current material). Have the tutor ask you questions aloud, without your seeing them.
- The center is staffed by TAs working in many different courses, so bring your books and course packet with you so the tutor can use your vocabulary and grammar.
NOTE: Tutors may answer specific questions and explain usage, but no advanced editing on compositions and homework.
Additionally, Le Cercle français will be held every Friday from 3-4 at the Cactus Café in the Texas Union. The coffee hour will run from Friday, February 6 through Friday, May 1.