Major Requirements (2008-2010 catalog)
Students must be admitted to the Urban Studies major. For more information on the application process visit the "Declaring URB" page.
The core of Urban Studies consists of four required courses
- URB 301 Introduction to Urban Studies (fall only)
- URB 315 Urban Studies Research Methods (spring only)
- URB 360 Internship and Service Learning (fall only)
- URB 370 Senior Project
Since these courses are only offered once a year, students need to plan to spend two years completing the Urban Studies major.
Additional URB major requirements include:
- Calculus: M 408C or M 408K or other approved course*
- Statistics: M 316 or SSC 305 or other approved course
- 12 additional hours of upper-division coursework in Urban Studies
- 2.0 GPA in URB courses
* M 403K and M 403L may not be counted
12 credit hours in a selected minor, with at least six hours of upper division coursework, and at least six hours completed on-campus.
Students in Urban Studies are also expected to meet the requirements of the University and of the College of Liberal Arts.
For complete degree plans, please visit: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/student-affairs/Academic-Planning/Majors-and-Degrees/Degree-Plans.php