- Is December 1 a firm deadline?
- Yes, please submit all application materials online by December 1.
- Does the Department admit in the Spring?
- Due to our course cycle, the department admits new students once a year for the Fall only.
- May I request appointments with the Department before I apply?
- Do I need minimum GRE scores?
- We do not require minimum Verbal or Quantitative or total scores, so GRE scores alone do not determine the results of your application, nor does any other one element. The Committee on Assistantships reviews all application materials for a complete evaluation.
- Do I need to send an additional set of transcript(s) to the Department?
- No, it is not necessary.
- Whom should I ask to write letters of recommendation?
- It is to your advantage to have letters from 3 professors who know you and with whom you have taken academic courses.
- Do the letters of recommendation need to be in English?
- They can be in English or in German.
- Can I change my recommenders after I have filled out my application?
- Yes, please see below.
- Can I check my application status?
- Yes, with your EID and password, you may check your application status online. You may also modify your letters of recommendation requests on the same page.
- What can I expect after I have submitted all application materials?
- After the Committee reviews all applicant files and makes admissions decisions, Committee members will conduct individual phone interviews in German with selected applicants in February. Each applicant will receive notification by early March.
If you have additional questions, please contact Abby Black.
Updated: January 2013