Anthony C. Woodbury, Chair CLA 4.304, Mailcode B5100, Austin, TX 78712 • 512-471-1701
Sounds - Faculty
Phonetics and phonology faculty in the Department of Linguistics
- Megan Crowhurst: Teaches courses in phonology, with an emphasis on typology and formal representation.
- Scott Myers: Teaches courses in phonetics and phonology, with an emphasis on laboratory phonology.
- Rajka Smiljanic: Teaches courses in phonetics, variation, clear speech, intelligibility, prosody.
- Harvey Sussman: Teaches courses in phonetics, speech science, and neurolinguistics.
Sounds Faculty in Other Departments
- Randy L. Diehl, Department of Psychology. Speech perception.
- Barbara Davis, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. First language acquisition.
- Catharine Echols, Department of Psychology. First language development, speech perception.
- Peter MacNeilage, Department of Psychology. First language acquisition.
- Jean-Pierre Montreuil, Department of French and Italian. Phonology, with special focus on Romance languages.
- Marta Ortega Llebaría, Department of Spanish and Portuguese. Acoustic phonetics, speech perception, L2 acquisition.