Literary Translations and Scholarly Books
The Center for Middle Eastern Studies, in close cooperation with the University of Texas Press, has published approximately eighty books in its five series. These scholarly works and literary translations on subjects concerning the Middle East have reached audiences worldwide and are often used in classrooms. All works are chosen under a rigorous review process conducted by the Center's Publications Committee, and marketed and distributed by the University of Texas Press.
- THE EMERGING VOICES FROM THE MIDDLE EAST SERIES, is intended to reflect the wide spectrum of expression that has come into being since the turn of the millennium. The Middle East is witnessing an unprecedented literary revolution, with new voices ushering in new articulations of identity, social methods, and literary genres. By focusing on new authors who began publishing in the twenty-first century, this series will introduce readers to writers who are at the cutting edge of Middle Eastern culture.
- THE BINAH YITZRIT FOUNDATION SERIES IN ISRAEL STUDIES features books on Israel Studies and translations of Israeli literature. With This Night, a translation of the poetry of Leah Goldberg, is the first book in the series.
- THE MODERN MIDDLE EAST SERIES, which focuses on scholarly works of high merit devoted to contemporary developments in the Middle East and North Africa. Twenty-six books by Western and Middle Eastern social scientists have been published and widely reviewed in this series over the last thirty years. The Center acquires manuscripts for this series, which is published under the imprint of the University of Texas Press.
- THE MIDDLE EAST MONOGRAPH SERIES, which presents short works of a specialized nature geared toward social and literary studies. Thirteen books have been published in this series under the imprint of the Center.
- THE MODERN MIDDLE EAST LITERATURES IN TRANSLATION SERIES, which is devoted to the publication of significant works of fiction, criticism, and memoirs translated into English from Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Turkish. Almost forty works have been published in this series under the imprints of the Center and the University of Texas Press.
The first title in our open source language publication series is Persian of Iran Today, Volume 1, which can be downloaded free of charge on our web site, and is also available in paperback for purchase on Amazon.