Kristen Brustad, Chair WMB 6.102, 306 Inner Campus Drive F9400, Austin, TX 78712 • 512-471-3881
Housing & Transportation
- These days, people's first stop is Craigslist, which remains a most effective tool for discovering good rental deals. In addition to standard apartment complexes and condos, it's not uncommon for 2 or 3 students to get together to rent a small house or bungalow. There are many options like this available around town.
- We recommend cross-referencing Craiglist with the neighborhood descriptions listed further down the page on www.utstudent.com to get a sense of where to begin. Most students live in these areas because of their proximity to campus and/or transportation options.
- Here are a couple other sources which may be useful: UT Off-Campus Housing and one (of many) apartment locaters.
- UT shuttles are free. Bus routes can be reviewed here though the university's Parking & Transportation page.
- Capitol Metro is the name of Austin's public transportation system. The buses are also free to UT students with presentation of your student ID.