Kamran Scot Aghaie, Chair CAL 528 | 204 W 21st St F9400 | Austin, TX 78712-1029 • 512-471-3881
Updating your EID, UT email, Transcripts, Vaccinations, Updating Personal Information
- Review the Graduate School's Grad Guide
- Obtain your student ID. Visit this page for details. There is a one-time $10 fee that is billed to your What I Owe page.
- In order to access a variety of university systems, you must upgrade your EID to what is called "high assurance." Obtaining your student ID will automatically accomplish this. If you have problems, visit this page and select the "upgrade my UT EID" link.
- Update your email address. Some of you may elect to set up a free UT email account, although it's not required. If you wish, you are permitted to continue using Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., as your official UT email address. If this is different from the email you used on your application, please contact the Graduate Coordinator so that your email is updated on the internal lists that MES uses.
- Visit your Status Check page, which lists the materials that UT will need to receive so that you may register for classes in August. These items are also listed here. Original transcripts from all college level institutions attended. The schools where you earned a degree must be final documents, showing evidence that the degree was conferred.
- Vaccinations. As you will see in the section about meningococcal vaccines, the date on the record cannot be less than 10 days before the start of classes (Aug. 28). Technically that means Aug. 18, however, early August at the latest is recommended. See the instructions to submit.
- Your Registration Information Sheet is a place you will visit each semester to view a synopsis of certain basic categories of information. For now, the section at the bottom titled "Registration Bars" is most important, which provides a list of the items that must be handled in order to register for classes.
- At the bottom of your RIS, see Personal Info, where you can also update your personal information, such as addresses and contact information.