Kamran Scot Aghaie, Chair CAL 528 | 204 W 21st St F9400 | Austin, TX 78712-1029 • 512-471-3881
Updating your EID, UT email, Transcripts, Vaccinations, Updating Personal Information
- Final admissions documents: Visit your Status Check page, which lists the materials that UT will need to receive so that you may register for classes in August. These items are also listed here. Original transcripts from all college level institutions attended. The schools where you earned a degree must be final documents, showing evidence that the degree was conferred.
- Vaccinations: As you will see in the section about meningococcal vaccines, the date on the record cannot be less than 10 days before the start of classes (Aug. 26). See the instructions to submit.
- Upgrade your EID: Obtain your student ID shortly after arriving on campus. In order to access a variety of university systems, you must upgrade your EID to what is called "high assurance," and obtaining the ID card will automatically accomplish this. There is a one-time $10 fee that is billed to your What I Owe page and due with the tuition bill by August 31st (the 4th class day). If you encounter any problems, use the EID self-help tools by selecting the "upgrade my UT EID" link.
- Email: Some of you may elect to set up a free UT email account, although it's not required. If you wish, you are permitted to continue using Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., as your official UT email address. If this is different from the email you used on your application, please contact the Graduate Coordinator so that your email is updated on the internal lists that MES uses.
- Pre-registration for Fall 2015, June 10 - July 17: Incoming students (with the exception of international students) have an opportunity to register early if their official transcripts and vaccine documentation are received and processed. Please visit the online course schedules. Your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) is a place you will visit each semester to view a synopsis of basic categories of information (registration times, types of bars, directory information, etc.). For now, the section at the bottom titled "Registration Bars" is most important, which provides a list of the items that must be handled in order to register for classes. After the summer pre-registration period ends on July 17, the next period will begin August 21st (with the 1st class day being August 26th).
- Personal Information: At the bottom of your RIS, also see Personal Info, where you can also update your personal information, such as addresses and contact information.
- Student Profiles: Create and edit your student profile through this page. Each new student will be authorized for this system in late May 2015 and you will see that you currently have a blank profile on this page. After making changes, click "update database" at the bottom. View other student profiles to gather ideas!
- Facebook Users: Join the Official MES page and search for other FB-hosted UT Austin pages via this landing page (UT email address required). Examples of such subgroups that you might consider joining are Incoming Graduate Students 2015 and another open MES group (this one is not hosted by C/DMES).
- Business Cards: It's not a requirement, but think about ordering some UT Austin business cards, which come in handy for professional purposes (conferences, interviews, etc.). Prices begin at $30 for 100 cards.