Announcing the Summer 2011 Arabic Language Institute
Posted: February 8, 2011
The UT Arabic program, with support from the Arabic Flagship Program, the Department of Middle Eastern Studies, and the College of Liberal Arts, is excited to announce the UT Arabic Language Summer Institute. The UT Summer Institute offers an intensive Arabic language and culture program for Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced students of Arabic.
The 2011 summer program will run from June 6th to August 12th. Summer Institute highlights include:
- 10-12 UT credit hours in 10-weeks
- Students can fulfill the UT language requirement in one summer with successful completion of 1st year Arabic
- $3800 tuition rate for in-state & out-of-state students
- A mid-session break from July 8 – 11
- Tenured faculty trained in Arabic pedagogy
- 22 contact hours per week for Elementary, Intermediate & Advanced level students
- Eligible for financial aid address including the Summer FLAS Fellowship
Both the application and the full program brochure are available through .PDF download on our program website. The priority deadline for all applications is Tuesday, March 1st.
Non-UT students are welcome to apply, so share this announcement with your friends! No knowledge of Arabic is required to enter 1st year Arabic.