Summer Language Institutes
Why should I enroll?
- Because UT's program gets results.
- Because our faculty are unmatched in their credentials, energy, and dedication to their students.
- Because our program is unlike any language program you've experienced.
- Because speaking a critical language will get you a job. If not, at least a date.
- Because you will develop skills that will earn you a lifetime of humble bragging.
No, really, why should I enroll?
The Department of Middle Eastern Studies at UT-Austin has a proven language curriculum that gets optimum results. Our experienced and supportive instructors provide a learning environment that takes beginners to the intermediate level, intermediate students to advanced, and advanced students to advanced-high or superior by the end of the summer. Our dynamic language program uses hands-on activities, media, art, current events, group discussions, and one-on-one interactions to keep students engaged with the target language.
Who should apply?
- Current UT students
- Students at other colleges, universities, and high schools
- Community members
- Business professionals, military personnel, teachers
- Anyone interested in the languages and cultures of the Middle East
How do I apply?
For more information about applying to the Arabic Summer Institute, click here.
For more information about applying to the Persian Summer Institute, click here.
The priority application deadline is March 1, 2013.