David Sosa, Chair 2210 Speedway, WAG 316, Stop C3500, Austin, TX 78712 • 512-471-4857
Academic and Research Resources
- The Philosophers' Index is the best place to find citations and brief descriptions articles by a given philosopher or on a given topic. You can have the results of your search emailed to you.
- Philosophy Journals Online allows you to search for articles in a wide range of philosophical journals, view them online, download them in pdf format, or print them. Included are such journals as The Journal of Philosophy, Philosophical Review, Ethics, and Mind.
- Kluwer Online Journals permits you to do the same with Kluwer journals such as Philosophical Studies, Synthese, Erkenntnis, The Journal of Philosophical Logic, and Linguistics and Philosophy.
- UT NetCat allows you to search the holdings of the University of Texas library system.
- Past Masters gives you access to many classic texts from ancient, medieval, early modern, and American philosophers.
- Episteme Links allows you to look for articles and electronic texts on a wide range of classic and contemporary philosophers.
- The American Philosophical Association Has lists of philosophy departments and philosophical resources.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae is a valuable tool for anyone interested in ancient Greek texts.
- The writings of the Early Church Fathers , including the complete works of Augustine, are online in downloadable formats.
- The Law and Philosophy Program at Texas offers a chance for students to obtain both a JD and Ph.D. simultaneously.