Skip Navigation
UT wordmark
College of Liberal Arts wordmark
psychology masthead
Jacqueline Woolley, Chair The University of Texas at Austin, SEA 4.212, Austin, TX 78712 • (512) 475-7596

Spring 2008

PSY 319K • Social Psychology

Unique Days Time Location Instructor
44005 TTh
2:00 PM-3:00 PM
NOA 1.124
LI

Course Description

Social psychology deals with the psychology of "normal," everyday social situations. In this class, students will learn to think more objectively about why people behave, think, and feel the way they do. Various perspectives will be used, including evolutionary, sociocultural, social cognitive, and social learning.

Grading Policy

4 exams, 25% of your grade each. They will cover material discussed in the lectures and whatever is in the book.

Approximately 90% of all exam questions will draw from in-class discussions. The other 10% will cover material mentioned in class but covered in greater detail in the book, or material only covered in the book.

Texts

Required - Kenrick, D. T., Neuberg, S. L., & Cialdini, R. B. (2006). Social Psychology: Unraveling the Mystery, 4th Ed. Allyn & Bacon: Boston, MA Optional - Buss, D. M. (2003). The evolution of desire, Revised Ed. Basic Books: NY.

back

bottom border