Michael D Buhrmester
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PSY F301 • Introduction To Psychology
MTWTHF 1130am-100pm NOA 1.116
This course will survey a broad number of historical & cutting-edge topics within psychological science. Topics will include brain structure and function, consciousness, gene-environment interactions, lifespan development, sensation & perception, learning, memory, cognition, motivation, emotion, personality, psychological disorders, therapy, and social influences. In addition, the course is built to emphasize critical thinking about psychological research & how to become a better consumer of science in general.
All Psychology 301 students must complete a research requirement by either participating in experimental sessions within the Psychology Dept. or by writing a research paper.
There will be three non-cumulative exams worth a total of 85% of your grade. The remaining 15% will be based on your performance on 3 short writing & in class activities. Tested material will come from book & lecture and will often be non-overlapping. Daily attendance is expected.
David G. Myers, Exploring Psychology, 7th (ISBN: 0716771411) or 8th (ISBN: 1429238267) edition (paperback)