Frequently Asked Questions about the SURE Program
1. Can I apply if I am graduating (April or May) before the SURE program begins (June)?
Yes, graduating seniors are eligible to apply.
2. Am I eligible if I attend a university outside of the State of Texas?
No, we are not accepting students from universities outside of Texas. Our current funding is restricted to Texas residents. This may change in the future.
3. Am I eligible if I am a freshman?
Yes, you are eligible. However, priority is given to students who are going into their junior or senior year and graduating seniors.
4. Am I eligible if I am not an ethnic minority?
Yes, you are eligible to apply. Students from under-represented groups are strongly encourages to apply; however, being under-represented is not limited to ethnicity.
5. If I am not accepted this year, can I reapply the following year?
Yes you can apply the following year. We encourage students to reapply if they are not accepted.
6. Is on-campus housing for non-UT students mandatory during this internship?
No, on-campus housing is not mandatory. You can deny on-campus housing and still be accepted in this internship.
7. Am I allowed to take a course at UT during this internship?
Yes, as long as the coursework does not interfere with your performance in this internship.