Clay Spinuzzi's Topsight Featured on Good Day Austin
Posted: January 25, 2013
Professor Clay Spinuzzi's new book, Topsight
Professor Clay Spinuzzi's new book, Topsight, was featured on Good Day Austin. The interview can be found here.
Professor Spinuzzi has published a new book, Topsight: A Guide to Studying, Diagnosing, and Fixing Information Flow in Organizations.
Topsight—the overall understanding of the big picture—is hard toachieve in organizations. There’s too much going on, too many moving pieces. But without topsight, we have a hard time figuring out how information circulates, where it gets stuck, and how we can get it unstuck.
- design a field study at your organization
- convince your organization and individuals to take part in the field study
- conduct the field study, collecting solid data
- navigate the data you collect
- analyze the data using several different models that can provide insights into systemic issues that haven’t yet been understood within the organization
- write a solid recommendation report that presents your findings and recommends ways to solve those systemic issues