Funding Your Education
UT's Office of Student Financial Services estimates non-tuition expenses (housing, food, other educational and incidental expenses) to exceed well over $1,000 a month. When considering how you will fund your college education, be sure to take into consideration the many resources available to you.
- Fellowships and Scholarships (internal and external sources)
- Grants for research, study, and/or travel
- Employment opportunities (on campus and off)
- Financial Aid (Office of Student Financial Services)
See our specific pages dedicated to:
- CREEES Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Scholarships
- Funding your Graduate Education
- Polish Studies Endowment Scholarship - for research/study in Poland
- Truitt Scholarship for Russian Studies - for incoming or continuing CREEES M.A. graduate students
Please see more links below that may be of help in your search for funding.
Liberal Arts Scholarships
- Various awards are available for continuing graduate and undergraduate students.
- Administered by the College of Liberal Arts Dean's office; awards given for the semester, year, or summer
- A variety of awards for various purposes, based on both financial need & merit
- Check back regularly, as it is updated by the Dean's office and new awards are posted all the time
- Slavic Department Scholarships: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/scholarship/student/menu.WBX?s_scholarship_owner=LSLA&s_user_role=S
CREEES Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship
- Other FLAS opportunities on campus:
- Middle Eastern Studies: https://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/mes/graduate/funding/FLAS.php
- European Studies: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/european_studies/Funding-Opportunities/Undergrad%20Funding%20Opportunities/Undergraduate-FLAS-Fellowships.php
- Latin American Studies: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/insts/llilas/student-programs/funding-opportunities/overview.php
- Asian Studies: https://www.utexas.edu/cola/insts/southasia/FLAS%20Fellowship/Applications.php
Study Abroad Scholarship Portal "Global Assist"
- More information available at: http://world.utexas.edu/abroad/funding/scholarships/ut
- Available to both undergrad and graduate students based on programs, countries, or other criteria
Regional Foundations Library
- Incredible resource for finding external funding sources, for education, internships, research, community projects, etc.
- Consider attending a regularly scheduled workshop on how to best utilize this resource
UT Financial Aid, Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS)
- Scholarships by month: http://www.texasscholarships.org/features/index.html
- Office of Student Financial Services Scholarships: http://www.texasscholarships.org/types/osfs/index.html
- General University Scholarships: http://www.texasscholarships.org/types/general.html
- Endowed Scholarships: http://www.texasscholarships.org/types/endowed.html
- College/Departmental Scholarships: http://www.texasscholarships.org/types/dept.html
- Private Scholarships: http://www.texasscholarships.org/types/private/index.html
- Private Scholarship Search engine: http://www.texasscholarships.org/types/search.html
- Scholarship types FAQs: http://www.texasscholarships.org/types/faq.html