Christine L. Williams, Chair CLA 3.306, Mailcode A1700, Austin, TX 78712 • 512-232-6300
Teaching and Writing Resources
- University Graduate Student Instructor Program
- Undergraduate Writing Center
- Office of Graduate Studies - Student Employment
- University Human Resources - New Employee Orientation
- Department faculty-TA contract (doc)
- Guideline for grading papers (doc)
- Slides from Dr Robert Crosnoe's TA advice and discussion session (ppt)
- For tuition bill waivers, go to utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/fb/waivers.
- MyCIS - Course Instructor Survey results
- Macmillan Press
- Ordering complimentary desk textbook copies directly from the publisher:
To get information about ordering desk copies, go to the "Faculty Resources" section of the University Co-op's website (www.universitycoop.com/ePOS/form=cat.html&cat=867&store=108). Scroll down until the "Desk Copies" heading. Some publishers have online desk copy request forms; some allow users to order over the phone, and some require users to fax in their request. Use the Co-op's form if faxing an order. It usually takes about 7 days to receive desk copies, though it can be longer in rare cases.
Data to Use for Class Activities
- The data resources page of this site has links to data banks for raw and sorted data.
- Dissertation listserv and resources
- Sample dissertation proposal
- NSF proposal writing guide
- UT Austin Graduate Student Writing Resources
- Elements of Style
- Guide for Writing Research Papers
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary