Forms for Graduate Students
Program of Work forms
- MA degree checklist
- Master's forms for graduation and instructions
- PhD degree checklists: All except Demography, Demography only
- Doctoral forms for candidacy and instructions
- Doctoral forms for graduation and instructions
Some things to remember:
- Val Goldstein collects the forms and removes the registration bars until the 4th class day. The graduate coordinator will add courses online until the 12th class day. A petition letter and add/drop form will be required after the 12th class day. Signatures from the course instructor and Graduate Advisor will also be required.
- The Graduate Advisor's signature is required in almost every case.
- The first number in the Conference and Proposal courses indicates the number of hours.
Registration bars need to be removed for restricted out of department courses and the following Sociology courses (once they are removed you must register for the course yourself):
SOC X80 - Conference courses: These require a title and the signature of your supervising course professor. Only one conference course can be counted in your area of specialization and one in your elective area. They must be taken for a grade. Conference courses from other departments can be taken pass/fail and are applied to out of area requirements.
SOC 698A and B - Thesis: Only the Graduate Advisor's signature is needed, but your supervisor and reader information must be filled in too. You can take 698B more than once, however if you are completing your thesis during the second semester you must also go to the Office of Graduate Studies website and fill out an intent to graduate form along with thesis and program of work submission documents.
Soc X90K - Proposal Preparation: This needs the signature of your doctoral Committee Chair. Proposal hours can be repeated and used to prepare for comprehensive exams as well as for proposal defense.
Graduation, Candidacy, Leave of Absence and many other forms can be found on the OGS forms page. Out-of-department coursework will require the signature of that department's graduate advisor or professor as indicated on the form.
- [698A or B]: Master's Thesis Registration Approval (DOC)
- [X80]: Conference Course - Fall or Spring (DOC)
- [x380]: Conference Course - Summer (DOC)
- [X90K]: Proposal Preparation - Fall or Spring (DOC)
- [X90K]: Proposal Preparation - Summer (DOC)
- TA Application
- Graduate Student Annual Self-Evaluation
- Departmental faculty-TA contract
- Tuition bill waivers
Fellowships and award forms
- Application for Graduate Student Professional Development Award
To apply for an award, please see the Office of Graduate Studies semester deadlines.
If your conference is within the appropriate semester application period, download and complete the application and create 3 documents with the following protocols: LastNameApp.pdf, LastNameAbstract.pdf, LastNameAccept.pdf. Email the application, abstract and paper acceptance files to the graduate coordinator: email@example.com. She will upload the documents requesting OGS offer you the award, which you will have to accept and for which you must provide a short report after the conference.