The Austin Summit on LGBT Families
Friday, April 26, 2013
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The College of Liberal Arts (CLA) Building, 1.302E
Panels are by invitation. The Keynote Address is open to the public.
"LGBT Parenting Research: Science in the Public Square"
Noon - 1:00 pm
Student Activity Center (SAC) Ballroom, 2.410
Gary Gates is the Williams Distinguished Scholar at the Charles R. Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Law and Public Policy at the University of California, Los Angeles. He will present some of his new research on LGBT parents and families and consider some of the challenges of conducting good research on a topic of considerable public interest and debate.
- Lee Badgett, Director of the Center for Public Policy and Administration, UMass Amherst
- Mark Hatzenbuehler, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociomedical Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University
- Kathleen Hull, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Minnesota
- Ellen Lewin, Professor of Gender, Women's and Sexuality Studies and Anthropology, University of Iowa
- Wendy Manning, Director of the Center for Family and Demographic Research, Bowling Green State University
- Ilan Meyer, Williams Senior Scholar of Public Policy, UCLA
- Mignon Moore, Associate Professor of Sociology, Vice Chair and Director of Graduate Studies in African American Studies, UCLA
- Charlotte Patterson, Professor of Psychology and the Center for Children, Families, and the Law; Director of the Women, Gender, and Sexuality Program, University of Virginia
- Esther Rothblum, Professor, Women's Studies Department, San Diego State University
- Stephen Russell, Interim Director, Norton School; Fitch Nesbitt Endowed Chair; Director, Frances McClelland Institute of Family Studies and Human Development, University of Arizona
- The Department of Sociology
- The Office of the President
- The Division of Diversity and Community Engagement
- The College of Liberal Arts
- The Population Research Center
For more information, please contact Julie Kniseley at email@example.com.