Sigma Delta Pi
Sigma Delta Pi, National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society, Zeta Chapter (La Sociedad Nacional Honoraría Hispánica, Sigma Delta Pi, Capítulo Zeta)
Sigma Delta Pi is an honor society for both graduate and undergraduate students of Hispanic languages and cultures. Its purposes are as follows:
1. Honor those who seek and attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and in the study of the literature and culture of the Spanish-speaking people;
2. Honor those who striving to make Hispanic contributions to modern culture better known to English-speaking people;
3. Encourage college and university students to acquire a greater interest in and a deeper interest of, Hispanic culture; and
4. Foster friendly relations and mutual respect between the nations of Hispanic speech and those of English speech.
1. Have 18 hours of university level Spanish.
2. These hours should include at least 3 hours (one course) of Hispanic or Latin American literature (course number SPN 325K or higher) or 3 hours of Spanish culture and civilization (SPN 322K or SPN 328). Also, these courses should be completed or students must be currently enrolled in them upon application.
3. A GPA of 3.00 in classes you have taken in the Spanish Department.
4. A GPA of 2.75 in all of the classes you have taken at the University of Texas.
5. Participate in the initiation ceremony.
Apply Here (Deadline March 4th, turn in at BEN 2.108).