Don’t get derailed by your foreign language requirement!
Stay on track—complete your Spanish requirement in one year!
Now that the new courses in Spanish have been redesigned into a sequence of three semesters (SPN601D, SPN610D & SPN611D), you can easily complete your language requirement in one year by choosing one of the following options:
• Option 1: Take SPN 601D and SPN 610D during the regular academic year (Fall and Spring) and SPN 611D during summer session I or II
• Option 2: Take SPN 601D in the Fall or Spring and take both SPN 610D and SPN611D during summer sessions I and II, respectively
• Option 3: Complete SPN 601D and 610D in any semester, and take SPN 611D (session I or II) in one of our faculty-led summer study abroad programs in Santander, Spain, or Córdoba, Argentina
Why are summer courses advantageous?
• You can finish the language requirement in one academic year.
• You can become eligible for study abroad sooner.
• You can finish each summer course in five weeks.
• You can study Spanish with fewer distractions .
• You can free up time in the long semesters (Fall and Spring) to take other courses.
In Summer 2011 the Department of Spanish and Portuguese will offer
3 sections of SPN 601D, 3 sections of SPN 610D, and 3 sections of SPN 611D in each
Register early before sections are closed.
Registration for summer and fall classes will be in April.
For more information, feel free to contact our Academic Advisors, Elizabeth Hastings (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Christine Fisher (email@example.com), BEN 2.108.
*DISCLAIMER: These are the expected course offerings for Summer 2011, and are subject to change based on possible fluctuations in staffing and/or budget.