Promotion and Tenure Guidelines for 2013-2014
The Promotion and Tenure Dossier Guidelines and Sample Documents assist faculty and staff to compile and catalog all documents related to the Faculty Promotion Dossier.
Note: These documents are provided as a guideline for Liberal Arts faculty and Departmental Administrative Staff only.
Letters to Outside Reviewers (COLA only)
For non-tenure track promotions, please use the letters on the Provost’s website.
Note: PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. XLS and DOC files require Microsoft Viewer.
Scanning of files
We will let you know where you will upload the promotion file documents once we can confirm the location. We will also provide complete scanning guidelines.
- March: Departments notify Dean's Office of who will be going up for promotion and tenure in the Fall.
- April-May: Dean's Office staff meets with candidates and department staff to go over guidelines and answer questions.
- September 16, 2013: Promotion materials are due to the Dean's Office.
- October 1, 2013: CoLA Promotion and Tenure Committee begins to review promotion materials.
- October 18-20, 2013: CoLA Promotion and Tenure Committee meets to deliberate and vote on promotion candidates.
- November 2013: Promotion materials are due to the Provost's office.
- Early December 2013: Dean Diehl will meet with President's Committee to discuss promotion candidates.
- December 2013: President will notify the Dean of promotion and tenure decisions.
- January 31, 2014: Deadline to submit final arguments for terminal appointment decisions.
- February 2014: President will notify Dean of outcome of pending terminal appointment decisions.
Please direct questions about the College of Liberal Arts Promotion and Tenure Review process to Gail Davis