In the event a supervisor believes a position is in need of reclassification, the procedures below should be followed:
- The employee must be in a classified or A&P title.
- The supervisor should review and compare employee's current job description and the job description of the desired position. Information can be found at https://utdirect.utexas.edu/pnjd/index.WBX.
- Complete the Reclassification Request form (DOC), attach department/center Organization Chart and any additional information as needed.
Note: DOC files require Microsoft Viewer.
- Send completed form and required documentation to the Dean's Office, HR Division. Mail Code G6000
- Once Dean-level review is complete, the recommendation will be reported to the employee's supervisor.
- Reclassification requests must be approved by the University's HR Office, Compensation Section before they can be considered final.