The student must complete 18 hours of Native American and Indigenous Studies coursework, including at least nine hours in residence, and fulfill the following requirements:
- Completion of major through any undergraduate college of the University.
- Three hours in an approved lower‐division introductory course, chosen from English 314V, HIS 317, or other approved courses.
- Twelve hours from two of the following strands:
- Mesoamerican, Indigenous Arts, Indigenous Peoples of Latin America
- Indigenous Peoples in the U.S. and Canada
- Indigenous Peoples of the Americas
- Indigenous Politics and Human Rights
- Indigenous Writings and Language
- An approved upper‐division capstone course in Native American and Indigenous Studies chosen on the approved list.