On this page: Overview | Globalizing Education | Consortium Members
To use the power of education for the advancement of the global community by opening avenues of dialogue, building sustainable leadership, and fostering environments of learning.
The Global Initiative for Education and Leadership is a consortium of recognized training programs at The University of Texas at Austin that delivers high-quality teacher training, faculty development, executive education, and English as a second language instruction.
We prepare leaders to think creatively, communicate effectively, and inspire others to achieve excellence whether in the classroom or the marketplace.
Our award-winning instructors use the cutting-edge research and practical experience of the faculty and staff of The University of Texas and the dynamic and innovative environment found in the city of Austin.
Our consortium includes the following UT Austin programs:
- UTeach-Liberal Arts: a prestigious teacher preparation program that trains new and experienced teachers to foster critical thinking and active student learning as students master specific content areas.
- Human Dimensions of Organizations (HDO): an innovative executive education program that leverages the liberal arts to help professionals understand people and lead transformation in their organizations.
- IC² (Innovation, Creativity and Capital): a globally recognized interdisciplinary research unit focused on entrepreneurial wealth creation and offering programs on technology transfer, entrepreneurship education, and business incubation designed to accelerate regional technology and economic development.
- Center for Teaching and Learning: a collaborative center committed to advancing best practices and innovation in higher education teaching and learning.
- International Office: a key provider of intensive English language instruction services (ESL) to international students at UT Austin as well as a trainer of English as a Foreign Language (EFL) instructors.
Alhambra-US Chamber of Commerce, a UT Global Initiative partner, promotes international educational and commercial interaction. Its affiliate, House of Tutors Intensive American English Institute, has a proven track record delivering ESL/EFL and academic readiness programs around the world.
The UT Global Initiative serves as a gateway to the resources of The University of Texas at Austin, a top tier research university serving more than 50,000 students.
Learn more about our consortium members.
For more information or to request our services, please contact us.