Visiting Research AssociatesThe institute also welcomes visitors who have their own funding and wish to work at the univeresity for any period of time from a month to a year. Please send queries and requests for consideration to the Director, Seth Garfield, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the following with your request:
1. Full name
2. Current title, for ex. "Assistant Professor," "PhD candidate," "Emeritus," etc.
3. Institutional affiliation
4. Title of current project or dissertation
5. Permanent Mailing Address
6. Web page if available
7. Expected Date of Arrival
8. Current CV
9. English language proficiency verification*
* Please note: The U.S. Department of State has published new federal regulations governing the J-1 Exchange Visitor program effective January 5, 2015. One of the requirements is that program sponsors (The University of Texas at Austin) verify the English language proficiency for each J-1 student and scholar. Foreign visiting research affiliates will be required to meet an English Proficiency Requirement.